Community and Public Health
The undergraduate program in Public Health consists of a major in public health and is designed to prepare candidates for a variety of career options in health promotion/public health.
Click here for academic program information.
Career opportunities may include, but are not limited to:
- community health education
- corporate health promotion
- patient education
- public health
- health care organizations
- governmental/non-governmental and international health-based agencies
Graduates of the program are also prepared to enter graduate programs of study in schools of public health or graduate programs in health related areas at other institutions.
The graduate programs in Community Health Promotion (M.S., Ph.D.) prepare students with the competencies necessary to pursue career opportunities in:
- health care planning
- direct clinical or hospital-based patient education programs
- planning, implementing, and coordinating public health programs
- directing health-based agencies
- faculty appointments at colleges and universities